Sunday, July 10, 2011

Devil in a Blue Dress


"the devil is a lie" and that's all he said. and that's why all her lovers wind up dead. and i know that she snaked her way into your head. and that's how she finds her way into your bed. But, please, oh please, oh please do not hate me.
Please oh please do not bait me.
"The devil is a god damned lie" and she was in a dress when she arrived. and there were no words to be contrived. you stole, you stole, oh well, well I lied. But, please, oh please, oh please do not hate me.
Please, oh please, do not bait me.
"The devil is a lie" and that's all he wrote. well she skipped town and my heart was broke. And on the last word I started to choke. But please, oh please, oh please, oh please do not hate me. please, oh please do not bait me.

No comments:

Post a Comment