Saturday, July 9, 2011

missing limbs


there is no limb on which i can step. Falling from branch to branch to branch.

Oh help me! i don't know how to ask. I am silent, but my eyes ask please

Oh help me! i know i never risked the danger and you, you stood before me like a stranger

I didn't want to be the one to call for the guillotine, but you made me

I know that i should step out and be brave

but, all my life i have been taught to never misbehave

it may seem that the cool nonchalante manner is disintrest

but it is how i've been taught to behave

nothing personal, i promise.

I am a coward i fear. no faults to a mother, it was not how i was reared

but, rather sought solitude in the depths of romantic novels

and even now i walk with a nostalgic hobble

it is only because I love "real" love, that I refuse to grab your hand

it is only because of elizabethan romance, i refuse to ask for a dance

trust me, oh trust me, in the backs of my mind, i beckon for your glance

but, anyone of pure grace and strength could resist such a trance

a realist, idealist, in my imagination i live this.

I am missing limbs, so how i do ask you to see past this

with my past i could never reminisce

A romantic, a poet, always dies alone

because this figment, of perfection, never could they hold

so be my muse, my immortality

and when i grow bored please do not hate me

for it is the way of a romantic, to fall in love and imagine

and move on the next day.

but for now, I will romance in my dreams

and only in my sleep, dare i dream of such bold self-esteem

I chase a kiss, i need not a body

opened and closed hands I reach for somebody

a fool, a fool. I learned many a lesson atop the dunce stool

"tell them what they wish to hear! make them swoon!"

I am done, crossed out and finished. with that mentality...

i am only doomed

it is because i love "real" love that i refuse to grab your hand

but, maybe, just maybe, we'd be so bold as to exchange a glance

No comments:

Post a Comment